- PAYMENT – An initial payment equal to 25% of the total amount listed in this agreement is required within 3 days of this agreement to lock in your dates. This initial payment will be applied towards the total amount. The 2nd payment equal to an additional 25% is due 90 days after signing the rental agreement. The balance of rent is due 60 days prior to occupying the property.
- CANCELLATIONS – Cancellations occurring more than 9 months prior to arrival date will receive a 100% refund, or clients have the option to apply funds to an alternate reservation date at Vista Hermosa within 12 months of the original arrival date. Cancellations for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s weeks are non-refundable. Cancellations less than 9 months from arrival date will result in no refund of amounts paid. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent.PAYMENT METHODS:
- PAYMENT METHODS: Attached you will find our banking instructions for the deposit payment. We also accept credit cards from Visa or MasterCard via PayPal but please be aware that PayPal charges a 3.2% service fee that must be added to your payment amount. If you prefer to pay using PayPal, you will receive an invoice from PayPal to process your payment.
Rules & Regulations:
CHECK-IN time is after 3:00 P.M. and CHECKOUT is before 10:00 A.M. However, we will attempt to work with your arrival and departure times.
VIRUS OUTBREAKS– If the client is unable to enter Costa Rica during their scheduled arrival date due to a government travel ban caused by a virus outbreak, the client can reschedule their stay any available time frame within the following 12 months. If the reservation date is rescheduled due to a virus outbreak, the final payment will be due 60 days prior to the new arrival date. There are no restrictions on the number of times a reservation can be rescheduled due to this issue.
USE OF THE RESIDENCE: The rental of the Residence is intended to be solely for residential vacation uses. Any use other than the authorized use entitles Vista Hermosa Estate to terminate this Agreement and, in such case,, the Client shall immediately vacate the Residence. In this case, there will be no refunds of the price paid for the rental. The same consequence shall occur in the case of any breach of any other term of this Agreement by the Client or any visitor or guest. The Residence includes swimming pool facilities. The use of such facilities is intended only for adults and for children under the responsibility and direct permanent supervision of a responsible and capable adult. Additional guests not staying at Vista Hermosa invited by the Client to congregate during the day, must have prior written consent from Vista Hermosa Estate before arrival.
The Residence includes verandas, stairs, external gardens, walkways and other features that required the exercise of proper care and caution by users. The Client understands the normal risks associated with such features and therefore the use of said features is under the responsibility and liability of the adults using them or of the adults allowing the use of the facilities by children.
The Client agrees that doors and windows shall be closed when air conditioning is in operation and will turn off the AC units when departing the house each day. The Client is responsible for their own security while in the Residence by locking doors, windows, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests is limited to the number of persons stated in the Max Occupancy description of this agreement. No additional persons are allowed to stay in the Residence without prior written consent from Vista Hermosa Estate. If the maximum occupancy is exceeded without notification, the Client will forfeit their damage deposit and be charged $75 per each additional guest, per night. If client invites guests who are not staying in the house to congregate at the villa during the day, the combined total maximum guests allowed is 24. This maximum amount includes guests staying in the house and those that are invited for the day. This restriction does not include the day of an event when a site fee is included in this rental agreement. There will be a $20 fee for each additional meal prepared by our chef for guests invited for the day who are not included in the rental agreement.
NO SMOKING – Smoking is allowed but strictly confined to the Top Floor Open Event Area. If evidence of smoking is found in any areas other than the Top Floor Open Event Area, the cleaning fees will be deducted from the deposit.
ILLEGAL DRUGS – Guests agree that any guest who is found using illegal drugs or allows others to use illegal drugs on the premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy and is subject to expulsion off the premises with no refund for the remaining dates.
PETS – Pets are not allowed in the rental property.
SECURITY DEPOSIT – A fully refundable damage deposit of $700.00 is included in this rental agreement. The deposit is NOT applied towards the rent; however, it is fully refundable 1 week after departure, provided the following provisions are met:
- No damage is done to the home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to smoking, contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
- All debris, rubbish, and discards are discarded properly.
- Missing Pool towels will result in a $15 charge per towel.
- Missing beach chair $50, missing beach umbrella $125.
- Lost remotes (TV & Gate) will result in a charge of $100 per remote.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure (food, wine, etc.).
- No linens are lost or damaged.
- No items are lost or missing.
REFUNDS – The owner of the Residence – Vista Hermosa Estate will not be responsible for any
cancellations in the reservation due to hurricanes, floods, severe tropical storms, or other “acts of
God” but such cancellation will result in a full refund to a Client of the rental payments. The Client
accepts that there are occasional short-lived power outages following storms, typical for Central
America, and the owner, Vista Hermosa Estate will not be responsible for any losses or damages
due to these events.