Frequently Asked Questions
Key items included when renting our exclusive beach villa in Costa Rica:
• Private gourmet chef to prepare 2-meals per day (breakfast & dinner) – food costs extra
• 2-Fulltime Maids
• Personal Concierge
• Private beach trail
• Sleeps 24 / beds for 24
• 8 bedrooms with optional 9th bedroom w/ sofa sleeper
• Free laundry service
• Fully Air-conditioned
• One-of-a-kind top floor entertainment zone
• Completely surrounded by the Costa Rican jungle with abundant wildlife.
• The best ocean views in Manuel Antonio
Have a look at our Villa Introduction Flyer
Our Costa Rica Beachfront villa is perfect for multi-families and multi-generation families. The villa was specifically designed for large groups to enjoy each other’s company while admiring the best Ocean Views in Manuel Antonio. Our entire Top Floor is dedicated to a phenomenal entertaining area. Our Top Floor features an air-conditioned Great Room that hosts a fully equipped Kitchen, Living Room, and Dining Area. Our Great Room features 3 full-height floor-to-ceiling glass walls with 3 retractable sliding glass door sets creating a tropical outdoor ambiance including a large covered balcony. Adjacent to the Great Room is a three-sided infinity-edge pool, large covered open event space that includes an outdoor kitchen, bar, barbecue grill, stand-alone ice maker. This outdoor lounge/event area can accommodate up to 40 guests for an event. Two restrooms and a large balcony complete the open lounge/event area. For privacy from the top entertainment area, all bedrooms are located on lower floors.
Birthday celebration vacations are one of our most popular bookings. Our guests love our Costa Rica beachfront villa to celebrate on our top-floor oasis social area. We have hosted many milestone birthdays, from 30th birthdays to 80th birthdays. Our most popular milestone birthday celebrations are 50th birthday trips.
We have also hosted many wedding anniversary vacations where couples invite their entire family to join them for this very special occasion.
Vista Hermosa is very kid-friendly. Kids love staying in our villa. From toddlers to teenagers to grandparents, Vista Hermosa is a perfect vacation venue for the entire family. Kids/teenagers can get away and watch TV or play video games in our Lower Floor TV Room which includes Xbox, board games/puzzles, and books is a popular hangout spot for kids. Most importantly for you, no cooking, cleaning, or planning, which can be daunting when traveling with kids.
Vista Hermosa Estate is the ULTIMATE couples vacation destination. With 8 bedrooms plus an optional 9th bedroom, our villa is the perfect tropical vacation location you and your friends will fall in love with. With a private gourmet chef, 2-fulltime maids, a personal concierge, and free laundry service, a tropical oasis awaits.
– 8 Bedroom Villa all with en-suite Bathrooms including optional 9th Bedroom.
– 10 Bathrooms.
- 2 Primary Suites | Rooms #1 & #4
Each with en-suite bathrooms with Double-Sink Vanity, 1 King bed, 2 balconies-One ocean-facing balcony, the other facing the jungle.
- Room # 7 – Studio Apartment
Includes en-suite bathroom with Double-Sink Vanity, 1 King bed, a Full Kitchen, Living Room Area, Washer & Dryer, and Balcony.
- Room # 8 – 1 Bedroom Apartment
Includes en-suite bathroom with Double-Sink Vanity, 1 King bed, a Full Kitchen and Separate Living Room, 2 AC units.
- 4 Regular Bedrooms | Rooms #2, #3, #5, & #6
Each Room includes 2 Queen beds, en-suite bathroom with Double-Sink Vanity, Rain Shower Head, frosted shower door lockable from the Inside, and shared balcony
- TV Room | Optional 9th bedroom
The lower level TV Room can be used as a 9th bedroom. Includes a sofa sleeper (does not include a private bathroom or closet). Portable beds can be located in this room. Guests occupying this room can use the restrooms located on the top floor. One of which includes a shower.
Sleeps 24 | Beds for 24
We have a total of 4 King and 8 Queen beds. All beds are true to size 1-piece King and Queen beds, very comfortable. See our Villa Floor Plan for bed size and locations.
Vista Hermosa is a fully staffed villa.
- We have two full-time maids who show up Monday thru Saturday. Because of the wide open layout of the villa, you will hardly notice their presence. They will clean all rooms throughout the entire villa every day.
- Private gourmet chef services will prepare up to 2-meals per day. Normally breakfast and dinner.
- Our Personal Concierge is always available to handle all your requests. This includes airport transportation, scheduling tours and activities, reservations, taxi rides, or anything else you might need assistance with.
- Laundry Service – Personal laundry service available twice weekly at no extra charge.
- Onsite Security Guard – On-site private security guard patrols the Estate nightly.
Located on our top floor, our 3-Sided Infinity Edge Pool is truly a unique feature of all villas in Costa Rica. Located just in front of the stairs as you reach the top floor, the pool waters seem to blend in with the blue waters of the Pacific, creating a mesmerizing effect that will take your breath away.
The pool protrudes the rest of the top floor, the reason why the infinity edge has 3 sides. There is a very large 9″ deep pool ledge area that includes 4 in-pool lounge chairs. This same area also doubles as the perfect area for toddlers to play.
The rest of the pool is 60″ deep and is large enough for the entire group. The front ocean-facing edge is where you will find most guests enjoying the best ocean view in Manuel Antonio.
Includes Two Chef-Prepared Meals per Day
We pride ourselves on being recognized for serving some of Costa Rica’s most savory gourmet dishes to our guests and would not be considered one of the finest staffed villas Costa Rica without providing your very own personal Gourmet Chef to prepare 2 meals per day (food and beverage costs are separate, as well as special pricing for any event). Guests can choose meals from our chef’s menu. Our chef caters to vegans & vegetarians, as indicated with “VG” in the menu. He can also accommodate anyone with food allergies.
Our Gourmet Chef Services include:
- Chef services include the preparation of 2-meals per day, breakfast, and dinner.
- Guests choose their meals from a wide variety of options from our Chef’s menu.
- Our Chef menu options include vegan and vegetarian dishes as indicated with (VG).
- Our Chef can accommodate dietary restrictions and food allergies as needed.
- Lunch preparation can be added for an additional cost of $25 per person. When planning out your meals, keep in mind that most excursions include lunch.
- Our Chef will purchase food and beverages for your stay. Guests may add additional items for purchase; this includes snacks, soft drinks, beer, and liquor. Costs for these items will be reimbursed to our Chef (as with food). This convenience is offered free of charge.
- Food and beverage costs are not included. The food cost for adults typically averages between $18 – $30 per person per day for both breakfast and dinner, while kids average between $9 – $15. Some groups come under this estimate while others go over, but most fall in between. As menu choices and consumption amounts for drinks vary per person, it is difficult to gauge and offer a tighter cost estimate.
- Average cost of food Per Person/Per Day:
– For Adults: $18 – $30
– For Children: $9 – $15
- Average cost of food Per Person/Per Week:
– For Adults: $126 – $210
– For Children: $63 – $126
- Some examples (7 Days):
– For a Party of 10 adults and 6 Children: $1,638 – $2,730
– For a Party of 16 adults: $2,016 – $3,360
– For a Party of 13 and 7 kids: $2,079 – $3,465
– For a Party of 16 and 8 kids: $2,520 – $4,200
- Our Chef will present store receipts to guests for reimbursement of food and beverage costs. He will have these readily available to view throughout your stay. Guests have a few options to reimburse our chef, options as follows:
– Option #1: Guests can pay using a credit card at the end of their stay (Single Card transaction only).
– Option #2: Guests can reimburse our Chef in cash (US dollars) daily or at the end of your stay.
- Before your arrival, guests notify our concierge of a chosen dinner (for when you arrive at the house), and breakfast for the following morning. Guests will coordinate all remaining meals directly with our Chef.
- For reservations of 7 nights or more, guests will choose one day when our Chef will only prepare breakfast for your group. Guests can enjoy dinner at one of the many fine restaurants in Manuel Antonio for that evening.
- Private Beach Trail with wood framed steps carved into the jungle. Surrounded by Costa Rican nature, everyone will enjoy this is a 10-15 minute walk to Playa Espadilla, Manuel Antonio’s Main Beach.
- Ceiling Fans – Located in all Bedrooms, Master Bathrooms, Living Rooms, TV Room, Dining Area, Kitchen, and covered outdoor areas.
- Air Conditioning, located in every Bedroom, Living Room, TV Room, Dining Area, and Kitchen with smart keypad control.
- Water Purification System, the entire Villa has its own water purification system. No need to buy bottled water.
- High end sound system with several options to play music: wall mounted iPad, Bluetooth, or hardwired to a personal device.
- 12 large TV’s throughout the Property all with smart TV features and the ability to connect internet streaming services such as Netflix & Amazon.
- Wi-Fi Throughout, several WI-FI hotspots are located throughout the villa including every bedroom.
- Ice Makers – Total of 5 ice makers – 2 Freestanding located on the top floor social area & 3 small inside fridges. You will never run out of ice.
- Key-Free Digital Keypad Door Locks – All lockable doors are accessed with a digital keypad door lock using a preset door code for this villa Costa Rica rental. Locations include the front door & all bedrooms. Upon arrival, our concierge will issue door codes to guests for each bedroom. All bedrooms have individual codes. The exterior pedestrian gates are also accessed by keypad locks. Enjoy the convenience of being key-free with no keys to carry and fumble, or loose at the beach during your stay.
- Beach Accessories are provided, they include beach umbrellas, beach chairs, beach toys, boogie boards and ice chests. Surfboards are readily available for rent up & down the beach.
- 3 sets each of washing machine and clothes dryer.
- 4 portable beds. Can be located in any room upon request. Typical locations to place the portable beds are the Living Room in Apartment #8 & the TV Room located on the lower floor.
- Fully-Gated Property – Remote controlled rolling gate and 4 pedestrian gates with key-free keypad locks. No need to carry any keys.
- LP Gas Generator will automatically turn on and provide power to the house in the event of power failures, quite typical in Manuel Antonio.
- 2 Parking areas, accommodating more than enough room for 7 cars.
- 1 Portable Baby Crib.
We have 4 bedrooms that include 2 queen beds in each room. We also have 4 portable beds that can be located in any room however these are not very comfortable for grownups, mostly for kids and teenagers.
Yes, Vista Hermosa Estate is surround by a lush tropical forest with phenomenal ocean views making our villa a perfect location for your special day, vow renewals, or other events. Many decide to have a beautiful beach wedding ceremony and the reception at the villa. Please visit our Weddings & Wedding Venue pages:
- En-Suite Bathroom with double sink vanities.
- Ceiling Fans are located over every individual bed.
- Air Conditioning in each Bedroom with its own Thermostat with smart keypad control.
- Iron And Ironing Board.
- Personal Safes – large enough for Laptops.
- Makeup Mirrors.
- Hair Dryers
- Eco-friendly shampoo/conditioner, body wash, and hand soap are provided.
Air Conditioning is located throughout including every Bedroom, Living Room, TV Room, Dining Area, and Kitchen – each with smart thermostate keypad control. We also have ceiling fans throughout including over each Individual Beds, Balconies, Open Event Area, and all other Rooms.
Yes, we have Wi-Fi Throughout the entire villa. Several WI-FI hotspots are located throughout the villa including every bedroom.
We have 12 TV’s throughout, all have smart TV features and are connected to the internet where you can log into your favorite streaming service such as Netflix & Amazon. They are also connected to a local cable TV service that includes many English speaking channels.
We only rent the entire villa to one group at a time giving your group complete privacy. The only other people you will see in our villa is our wonderful staff.
Constructed on a side of a hill, the entrance and parking lot to this multi-level villa is between the top level and the 3rd floor. The 3rd floor includes 3 bedrooms so it is quite possible for some guests to only climb stairs between the 3rd and top floor levels. For this reason, we do not have an elevator. The villa is not wheel chair accessible. Our 3D video starts at the entrance to the villa:
Costa Rica uses the same 120V outlets that you’ll find in the U.S. Visitors from countries who use 220v – 240v outlets will need will need adapters to plug in chargers and other personal electronic devices. USB charging ports located throughout the villa.
Our villa overlooks the main beach of Manuel Antonio, Playa Espadilla. Our private beach trail is a 10-15 minute walk to this main Beach. Surrounded by Costa Rican nature, you might come across sloths, toucans, monkeys, or other wildlife while walking to the beach. If guests in your group are unable to hike the trail, a readily available 24/7 taxi ride will solve that.
Beach Accessories are provided, they include beach umbrellas, beach chairs, Beach towels, beach toys, boogie boards and ice chests. Surfboards are readily available for rent up & down the beach.
· Review and sign the rental agreement
· Once we receive the signed rental agreement, requested dates are on hold for 3 days
· 25% deposit payment must be received within 3 days of signing the rental agreement
· Once deposit payment is received, your dates are locked and your reservation is confirmed
· Payment options: direct deposit, wire, Zelle, PayPal (must add 2.9% to invoice amount using PayPal)
· 2nd payment of 25% due 90 days after signing the rental agreement.
· Final payment is due 60 days prior to check-in
Vista Hermosa is a very "in demand" villa. It's very common for guests to book 12 to 24 months in advance. Book early to ensure you reserve your preferred dates!
Yes, we have a 5-night minimum stay from September through mid-November. We have a 7-night minimum stay all other months throughout the year.
We only require a 25% down payment to secure a reservation. Your initial 25% payment is due 3-days after booking. This initial payment confirms your reservation. A 2nd payment of another 25% is due 90-days after booking. Your final payment of 50% is due 60-days prior to your arrival.
Our listed rates include up to 16 guests. If you are not sure about the amount that will be in your group, we can generate a rental agreement based on 16 guests or the amount you are confident with, then add more to your group at a later date. This way you can proceed to book the villa and secure your requested dates. You won't have to finalize the amount in your group until your final payment is due, 60-days prior to check-in. Any cost adjustments can be added to your final payment. If the total number in your group ends up at 16 or less, no additional amounts will be due. Our guests usually proceed with this mindset just to secure their dates.
You can check-in any day of the week September through mid-November. We require Saturday check-ins all other months throughout the year.
With such a very popular villa, we typically have a group checking out the same day another group checks in. We need plenty of time to properly clean and disinfect the entire villa. With check-outs occurring at 10:00 a.m. and check-ins at 3:00 p.m., this gives us enough time to greet our guests to a sparkling clean villa.
Our villa typically books 12 - 24 months in advance, because of this, discounts are not available. However, you will see some last-minute opportunities advertised. We are always open to last minute discounts so be sure to ask.
Yes, a $700 damage deposit is included in all rental agreements. We’ll return your security deposit, minus any repairs, within one week after you check-out.
Our rental agreements are made out to a single person. Generally, we do not accept payments from separate individuals in your group but we have accepted payments of up to 4 different people in the past so it never hurts to ask. During the booking process, you will be dealing directly with the owner, who is very flexible.
If you cancel a reservation more than 9 months prior to arrival date, you have two options. 1st option - you can receive a 50% refund. 2nd option - you can apply funds to an alternate reservation date at Vista Hermosa within 12 months of the original arrival date. Cancellations for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s weeks are non-refundable. Cancellations less than 9 months from arrival date will result in no refund of amounts paid. We highly recommend that our guests purchase travel insurance that will give you full cancellation coverage for any reason and any cancellation date.
As mentioned above, we highly recommend all our guests purchase travel insurance that will cover you with full cancellation coverage for any reason and any cancellation date. You never know when an unforeseen event occurs that will not allow you to travel at the last minute. These are two frequently used travel insurance companies;
We highly recommend our guests purchase trip insurance that includes full coverage for any reason.
There is no need to exchange dollars for colones, as all businesses will accept U.S. dollars at close to the official exchange rate. You will usually receive any change in colones, giving you the small change you need for taxis, beach rentals, and small purchases. Many stores & boutiques give discounts for using cash.
Credit cards are accepted in many places including restaurants, grocery stores, certain gift shops, etc. However, some tour companies and businesses accept payment in cash only. Visa is the most commonly accepted card, and more increasingly, MasterCard and Amex. Diner’s Club and Discover cards are not accepted locally. Travelers Checks are NOT accepted anywhere, and exchanging them at the bank is expensive and time consuming.
There is an international currency exchange located at the San Jose airport. ATMs throughout Costa Rica make it easy to withdraw cash from your foreign bank account. ATMs dispense both dollars and colones, so you can decide which currency is easiest for you. There is a bank and an ATM a half mile away from Vista Hermosa.
For U.S. and Canadian citizens, a valid passport is required to enter Costa Rica, you do not have to apply for a visa in advance. Your passport needs to have at least one day minimum validity from the last day of your stay. Despite this one day minimum rule, our recommendation is, if you can, renew your passport if it’s less than 3 months from expiration. We recommend not travel to Costa Rica if your passport is less than 3 months to expiring. The bottom line is that you should have a passport that is not expiring within 90 days of your travel date and be in good condition - no rips, tears, or missing pages otherwise you may be denied entry.
Upon arrival, Costa Rican Immigration will stamp your passport with an entry stamp (up to 90 days); your passport must have at least one page available for your entry stamp. If you are a citizen of another country, please speak with your embassy or consulate regarding entry requirements to Costa Rica. (NOTE: Your passport must be in good condition and may not have any rips, tears or missing pages otherwise you may be denied entry.)
If you plan on carrying a phone, take a picture of your passport on it for easy reference. If not, bring a color copy so that you are not carrying your original passport all the time.
· Fill out the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS form.
· Negative Covid test is no longer required.
· Unvaccinated travelers must purchase Traveler’s Medical Insurance.
You can find all the latest Covid-19 information as it relates to entering Costa Rica here:
LATEST COVID-19 INFORMATION IN COSTA RICA
Everyone regardless of age and regardless of whether they are traveling with their parents or not must have their own passport. Children under 18 years of age have special exit requirements, so if your children will not be accompanied by both parents, you should bring a notarized letter of permission to travel, signed by the parent(s) not traveling. It’s also a good idea to bring an official copy of your child’s birth certificate.
Should I purchase travel insurance?
As mentioned above, we highly recommend all our guests purchase travel insurance that will cover you with full cancellation coverage for any reason and any cancellation date. You never know when an unforeseen event occurs that will not allow you to travel at the last minute. These are two frequently used travel insurance companies;
Tipping is much appreciated in Costa Rica, but is entirely up to your discretion. If you would like to tip in recognition of a job well done, we’ll be happy to help you determine an appropriate gratuity.
· Restaurants will automatically add 10% to your bill for all the employees to split. Most people will leave an additional 10% for their server if the service is acceptable.
· Tour guides can be the best part of any activity. If you agree, 5-10% to them.
· Transfer drivers: 10 – 20% of transfer cost.
· The Staff at your luxury rental home rely on tips as well. Amounts will depend on your experience, the size of your group, and the length of your stay.
· Housekeepers: A general rule would be at least $5 per bedroom per day, $200 - $300 per week for cleaning and laundry service.
· Maintenance and Security: $50 per week for each employee
· Concierge: $300-$450 per week depending on group size and services
· Chef: $400 - $700 per week for the chef and assistant
The cost of your extras varies per your personal preference and vacation style. Generally speaking, additional costs include: Flights to/from Costa Rica, transportation to/from the villa, grocery pre-stocking (we’re happy to stock the kitchen for you, at cost), tours & activities, and restaurants.
Pack for warm weather and lots of sun. You will need several bathing suits, shorts and T-shirts, and proper footwear. Hiking sandals that stay on your feet, dry quickly and offer support and good tread are the perfect shoe. Athletic shoes may be comfortable, but due to humidity, can take days to dry once they get wet. Flip flops can fall off or float away too easily for most adventure activities.
Dress is very casual, sundresses and sandals will take you from beach to bar for sunset, and straight unto dinner. A portable rain poncho to throw in a backpack or beach bag might come in handy in the green season. We have plenty of umbrellas at villa.
The staff at the house will take care of your personal laundry twice weekly, so pack light, no need to have clothes for every day of your trip.
A tropical paradise comes with lots of sun and mosquitoes. Be sure to bring lots of sunblock and insect repellent.
Of course pack your passport. You should also bring your driver’s license, and credit cards. If traveling with minors, it's a good idea to pack an official copy of their birth certificates.
The closest international airport to Vista Hermosa Estate is Juan Santamaria International Airport (San Jose Airport – SJO)
Many major airlines fly to Costa Rica's sunny shores, these include:
- American Airlines
- Jet Blue
- Spirit Airlines
- U.S. Airways
- Air Canada
- Air France
- British Airways
- LATAM Airlines
- Interjet flights
To start your flight search, we recommend starting with Google Flights.
Our concierge will be happy to arrange all airport transportation for your entire group. This includes members in your group who will be arriving at different times or different days.
- Shuttles are the most popular option for getting around. Let one of our professional drivers pick you up at the airport in a comfortable and spacious van for an easy introduction to Costa Rica. The drive is approximately 2.5 – 3 hours, and the driver is happy to stop along the way for sightseeing, fruit stands, or lunch. The Shuttle driver will wait at the airport exit holding a sign with your name; with a shuttle reserved with plenty of room for your group and everyone’s luggage. We only hire shuttle services that have the comfiest, late model air-conditioned vehicles.
- Rent A Car - If you are familiar with Costa Rica and feel comfortable driving here, we can reserve a rental car for you at the airport. The drive time from San Jose is only about 2.5 to 3 hours. In recent years, Costa Rica has considerably improved the route from the capital to the central Pacific, so you will enjoy smooth traveling along paved highways.
- Local Commercial Flights - The fastest way to get to Manuel Antonio from the San Jose international airport is to take a small plane flight on one of the local carriers, Sansa Airlines. The flight is only 25 minutes in the air and offers some spectacular views. Flights depart directly from SJO airport and land in Quepos, just a 15-minute drive from Vista Hermosa Estate. Luggage allowances are very limited, so plan on packing light. Check with our concierge about scheduling, as flight schedules can be tricky to match. These flights are fast and a fun way to see the country since they fly at a lower altitude.
The Costa Rican colón is the official currency of Costa Rica (plural: colones). The current exchange rate is between 550 – 600 colones to the dollar.
Yes, the water in Costa Rica is generally considered safe to drink. If you have a very sensitive system, or are concerned that something could disagree with you, you can play it safe with bottled water. Vista Hermosa Estate has a whole house Water Purification System that is a part of all water faucets and showers.
In recent years, the addition of new networks in Costa Rica and changes to phones in the U.S. meant your phone it will probably work. You should check with your home provider before traveling. All major carriers including Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint all have international call packages or offer it for free.
Here is a great article about this subject:
We also recommend installing WhatsApp on your smartphone before travel. This app allow you to text and call friends and family back home and in Costa Rica who have also installed the app.
Costa Rica is free of any direct hurricane/tropical storm trajectories.
If you are not sure what items you are allowed to pack in your carry-on or checked baggage. You can ask TSA directly through Facebook. Just go to their Facebook page named Ask TSA and send them a message: https://www.facebook.com/AskTSA
Home to 109 species of mammals and 184 species of birds, one of Manuel Antonio's main attraction is it's wildlife. Vista Hermosa is situated in the middle of the rain forest with abundant wildlife. Be on the lookout to spot squirrel (titi) monkeys, white-faced monkeys, howler (congo) monkeys, toucans, parrots, scarlet macaws, sloths, coatimundis, and kinkajous, just to name a few. You will also see whales while relaxing on our balconies. Both northern and southern humpback whales use Costa Rica's waters to breed and raise their young. Northern humpback whales typically start to arrive in Costa Rica in December and can be seen until around April. Southern humpbacks will show up at the end of July and stay until the beginning of November. There is the possibility to see humpback whales in Costa Rica nine months out of the year.
Manuel Antonio is centrally located to take advantage of all the best Tours and Activities Costa Rica has to offer. Whether you’re an adrenaline junky, animal lover or like to chase waterfalls, the possibilities are endless. Don't forget our world renown Manuel Antonio National Park. Manuel Antonio is a beach lover's paradise. With so many different types of beaches to choose from, the type of beach activities are endless.
Have a look at our Tours & Activities page:
December thru April is considered Costa Rica’s dry season (a.k.a. summer season), mostly blue skies. May & June represent the start of the wet season (a.k.a. green season) and will usually have late afternoon showers, as will July & August. October is considered the peak of the green season, usually the wettest month. September & November are bridge months, not the peak green season but similar to it. These months will typically less rain at the beginning of September and the end of November. Here is a great article about the seasons in Costa Rica:
Manuel Antonio offers foodies a crazy array of options. The last decade in Costa Rica has seen the country undergo a culinary revolution of sorts. The luscious forests that have attracted adventure-seekers for decades have become hot-spots for exceptional, unique, indigenous ingredients, helping spawn a new wave of gastronomic experiences that are seriously out of this world. True to its essence, Costa Rica’s food scene is immensely eclectic yet no matter where you go – whether you’re at a casual beach stand or an upscale 5 star white-tablecloth affair or a small vegan joints, you’ll discover there’s one aspect that seems to run through the veins of them all: food in Costa Rica is organic, uncomplicated, healthy and very, very delicious.
You will find that the overall dining experience in Manuel Antonio is one of the best in Costa Rica. There are over 70 restaurants tucked away in town, several of which are only a 1/2 mile away from Vista Hermosa including shops. Dozens more are located in nearby Quepos. There are several restaurants and bars that offer live music and dancing.
No, you will find that taxis and taxi shuttles are abundant everywhere in Manuel Antonio. A local bus also frequently runs back and forth on the main road. Our concierge will gladly call a taxi for you or you can call one yourself. Our concierge will help you to decide and coordinate transportation that is best suited for you and your guests. Most tours will pick up and drop off guests at the villa.
Spanish is primary but English is spoken pretty much everywhere in Costa Rica.
Manuel Antonio has significantly low crime, but like any other vacation, don't leave valuables unattended. Personal Safes, large enough for Laptops are located in every bedroom.
Costa Rica in general is a LGBTQ friendly country. Manuel Antonio in particular has always been known to be an exceptionally LGBTQ friendly town.
Yes, the area's main hospital and several clinics are located 10 minutes away in Quepos. There is a pharmacy a half mile away including several more in Quepos. If necessary, our concierge can also arrange a house call by a Doctor.
There are several options for your wedding ceremony to take place. Our top-floor open event area is the most popular. Surrounded by a tropical forest with phenomenal ocean views, surely a magical wedding location everyone will always remember. This area turns into the dance floor during the reception. We also have an open deck located on the 3rd floor, popular for smaller weddings. A popular option is to have a beach ceremony and then have the reception on our top floor. Our top floor includes two restrooms.
For weddings, we dedicate the entire top floor for your special day. The reception is typically held in our Great Room. Furniture is removed and or rearranged to accommodate the reception tables and seating
We allow up to 40 guests in attendance for any event. We work with a local hotel that can accommodate up to 150 guests in attendance. Contact us for more information.
Yes, we offer so much for making your special occasion the most efficiently run event, and simply all it can be. In order to do so, we must charge a site fee. The cost is based on the number in attendance.
Our site Fee rates;
• Up to 16 in attendance - $300
• 17 - 24 in attendance - $400
• 25 - 30 in attendance - $500
• 31 - 40 in attendance - $600
Costs included in our site fee are maids during the event, extra hired help to rearrange furniture, and daytime guards if necessary. The top floor of our villa was designed to host events and contains large areas and infrastructure such as 2 sets of public restrooms. Part of the site fee cost is for the use of these spaces.
We have worked with several great local wedding planners who have experience planning many beautiful weddings at Vista Hermosa. The engaged couple are welcome to contact these exclusive referrals directly to plan their special event.
Yes, a wedding planner will ensure that no detail is overlooked and facilitate the most wonderful decorations, including lavish floral arrangements – meeting your highest desires so you can fully enjoy your wedding day amongst loved ones. Our commitment to nothing but a 5-star experience requires that one of our approved wedding planners be hired to host a wedding at our villa. Even the smallest weddings will benefit from having an experienced wedding planner overseeing your special day.
An option not to hire a wedding planner is to have your wedding off-site at Arenas Del Mar Resort, 5-minute walk from Vista Hermosa. You can find information here: Vista Hermosa Estate Wedding Introduction
If you choose to have a beach ceremony and reception at Arenas Del Mar Resort, you will not be required to hire a wedding planner. Arenas Del Mar features a beautiful white sand secluded beach. The only hotel in Manuel Antonio with direct beach access. Arenas Del Mar is a luxury 5-star beachfront resort located at the end of our street and is a 5-minute walk from Vista Hermosa Estate. Arenas Del Mar Offers: • Exclusive beachfront ceremony location • Flexible wedding celebration dates (Not available Christmas & New Year’s weeks) • Up to 30 in attendance • Complementary shuttle service to Vista Hermosa Estate • Varied food & beverage options • Wedding cake service • Rehearsal dinners • Discounted room rates for guests who will not be staying at Vista Hermosa Estate • Live music
Arenas Del Mar Contact info: Elaine Solano Phone:
Yes, Contact Us
and we will send you our wedding introduction flyer that includes contact information for recommended wedding planners.
The chef is such an integral part of a 5-star wedding reception. Wedding planners depend on a masterful chef not only to provide succulent dishes but also to be in sync with the schedule of events. For this reason, wedding planners will provide the most qualified chef for your wedding.
Yes, The Bride and Groom along with the wedding planner will coordinate with a gourmet chef to choose from a wide selection of hors d’oeuvres, main entrees, and desserts.
The local municipality does not charge anything to have a beach ceremony. The only additional costs incurred are the chairs, decorations, arbor etc. A wedding planner will procure these items.
10 - 16 months is an ideal amount of time for securing your preferred dates. Many groups book our villa 12 -18 months out so If you do have time to plan further in advance, we always advise couples to start the process sooner rather than later. This gives everyone who you invite more time to plan, especially important with larger groups. Have a look at our Availability Calendar to secure your preferred dates.
Yes, we have many hotels and resorts nearby. Many are walking distance. Choices range from simple reasonable hotels to beach front high end resorts. Contact Us to receive a list of recommended nearby hotels and resorts.
Our concierge will coordinate all the transportation needs for your guests once they arrive to Costa Rica.
Destination wedding hair and makeup is a part of the celebration that bride’s get very excited about! Another big reason to hire a wedding planner as they have the best contacts for all your bridal needs.